Wine Pairings to Drink with Your Favorite Halloween Candy
To help you celebrate Halloween weekend, here's a list of what wine you should pair with your favorite Halloween candy. Happy Friday!
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Sherry. The raisin, caramel, and almond flavors of the Sherry help enhance the creamy peanut butter filling.
- M&Ms and Port wine. The dark, sweet, black fig and dried fruit notes of Port counter-balances the milk chocolate in M&Ms.
- Hershey Kisses and Zinfandel. It contrasts the creamy milk chocolate with ripe berry flavors, and will supposedly turn every bite into a, quote, "raspberry cordial on the palate."
- Twix or Almond Joy and the Portuguese wine Madeira. Coconut and caramel both complement the brown sugar nuttiness of Madeira.
- Sour Patch Kids or Sweet Tarts and Riesling. The sweetness of the Riesling counters the candy's tartness, and finishes with a cleansing kick of acidity.
- Whoppers and a bold Cabernet Sauvignon. Whoppers need a wine with depth to keep from being overpowered by all the malt and chocolate.
- Candy Corn and Moscato. The sugar in the candy corn amps up the fruitiness in the Moscato, and both taste better as a result.
Read more at Vivino.