What’s the Most Popular Emoji in Every State?
I’m not sure if you can learn a lot about an entire state by the emojis they like, but I’m happy to pretend you can and stereotype away.
A new study found the emoji that’s the most popular in every state. Here are some of the highlights:
- Getting this out of the way, the poop is number one in five states. They are: Arizona, Wyoming, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and New Jersey.
- There are two states where the angry face is number one: Kansas and New Hampshire. In Arkansas, Delaware, and Pennsylvania, the sad crying face is number one.
- There are 10 states where the most popular emoji is a smiling face or the “laughing so hard I’m crying” face: Alaska, Ohio, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, West Virginia, Utah, Montana, Maine, and Rhode Island.
- As for the perverts of the country, the eggplant, which people almost always use to represent male genitalia, is number one in three states: Idaho, Missouri, and Virginia.
- The peach, which looks like a butt, is number one in Texas and Michigan.