Try These Pre-Bed Activities Instead of Looking At Your Phone
Ever since smart phones exploded in popularity, we all check our phones when we get into bed. It's really not good for our sleep. In fact, a third of Americans aren't getting enough sleep.
So here are some things that you should do before bed instead of staring at that little screen in your pocket.
- Read. Research shows that reading before bed can help improve sleep.
- Take a warm bath or shower. When you take a steamy bath or shower, it brings up your body temperature, then it slowly cools down once you get out. That gives you the perfect body temperature for falling asleep.
- Have sex. Sex produces the feel-good hormone oxytocin, and decreases the stress hormone cortisol, which helps you relax.
- Drink some tea. Just avoid anything with caffeine. Stick to herbal teas like chamomile or peppermint.
- Listen to music. Calming music, obviously. Anything upbeat would have the opposite effect.
- Meditate or do some yoga. It lowers stress and promotes a calmer mind.
Read more at Huffington Post.