Tips For Spring Cleaning Your Tech Life
If it's been a while since you've cleaned out your computer, tablet, and phone, here are some tips on how to get started with spring cleaning your tech.
- Be aware of how you're spending your time. The average person in the U.S. checks their phone about 50 times a day. Using apps that track phone usage could help.
- Clean out your files. Go through your computer, tablets, and cell phones and either transfer files to cloud storage or an external hard drive or delete them. Then delete apps you never use anymore.
- Physically clean your devices. Once you've digitally cleaned your devices, you should physically clean them too. Compressed air is a good way to clear debris that accumulates over time. Nontoxic screen cleaner and microfiber cloth should help devices look new again.
- Clean your social media accounts. There's been a big push this week to delete Facebook, after it came out that our data was once again being misused. You can still clean up your accounts by unfollowing people you never interact with or who post things that just get you riled up.
- Try a digital detox. The idea here is to try doing something a few hours a week without your phone.
Read more at MindBodyGreen.