Things You Should Never Say to Your Server
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat the wait staff at a restaurant. And servers know, even when people think that they're being polite, they're actually being a nightmare.
Here's what you should never say to your server:
- "Thanks, sweetie/honey/baby/sugar." Using pet names is inappropriate, you don't them, they don't know you.
- "I'll take... or Give me..." Always ask nicely for your order. Demanding it implies entitlement.
- "What's your favorite thing on the menu?" Your server is more than likely sick of everything on the menu and their tastes vary from yours.
- "Susie, tell her what you want." They don't have all day to wait for your 4-year-old to mumble out an order. Just order for your kids.
- "Can you split the check six ways?" Splitting the bill can be necessary, but splitting beyond three ways is excessive.
Read more at Cosmopolitan.