The Unwritten DO’s and DON’Ts of Using Public Restrooms
I'll spare you the details of a recent trip I had to a public restroom, just know that I'm okay and the doctor says my condition is normal. That being said, it's time we visited the unwritten rules of using a public toilet.
Here are the DOs and DON'Ts of public restrooms:
- DO make as little noise as possible.
- DO stand at least one urinal away from another man, when possible.
- DO check the toilet bowl to make sure it's clear.
- DON'T bring food or drink in with you.
- DON'T make eye contact with anyone.
- DON'T talk to someone while they're doing their business.
- DON'T take photos.
- DON'T talk on your phone.
- DON'T make comments about noises pertaining to flatulence.
- DON'T read newspapers left by strangers.
Do you follow these rules? Send me your own personal DOs and DON'Ts that you use in public restrooms.