The Top Ten Signs That You’re a Backseat Driver
Backseat driving isn't just one of the most annoying things people do, it's also downright dangerous. That being said, turn signals were invented for a reason, feel free to use them.
A new survey found that 7% of people have gotten into an accident because of a backseat driver. Which is very high, especially considering that only 21% of people admit that they ever do any backseat driving.
Apparently we need to clarify what it means to be a backseat driver. Here are the top 10 things they do, according to the survey:
- Criticizing the driver's decisions.
- Complaining about them going too fast.
- Gasping when they brake.
- Flinching when they get too close to another car.
- Complaining about them going too slow.
- Pointing out when to turn.
- Pressing an imaginary brake pedal like you're a drivers' ed teacher.
- Giving the driver advice on switching lanes.
- Pointing out when lights turn green.
- Insisting on giving directions.