The Ten Things We Fight Over During a Big Break-Up
A recent survey found that 40% of arguments during a divorce have to do with stuff you own, and who gets to keep it.
Here are the top ten things people fight over during a break-up:
- The car. Obviously that's only in a divorce, or a long-term relationship where you bought one together.
- Photos. Which is kind of weird. Do you really care about hard copies anymore?
- Sentimental items.
- The TV.
- Computers and tablets.
- The bed, because obviously you'll both need one.
- The sofa.
- Heirlooms. Which is a weird one, since it's only an heirloom for ONE of you, right? Whoever got it from their relative should keep it.
- Appliances like the washer and dryer.
- Records and CDs. I guess even if they're in your iTunes, you don't want the other person to have all your music.
And somehow, pets didn't make the list.