The NFL Went a Month Without an Arrest for the First Time Since 2009
No one in the NFL was arrested in September, that's actually a very rare feat. It's the first time the league went a full calendar month without an arrest since July of 2009. That's over six years.
Now, you may be thinking, that's just one, long rough streak. But you'd be wrong. Last month and July of 2009 are the only months in the past 11 years where an NFL player wasn't arrested and last month was the first time in 15 years that the league went a month during the season without an arrest.
- Here are some other interesting facts:
- The NFL has been averaging an arrest per week over the past five years.
- The Minnesota Vikings have had 18 arrests during those five years, which is the most of any team.
- The Denver Broncos are next with 16, followed by the San Francisco 49ers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, both with 13.
- No NFL team has gone the last two years without a player arrested.