The Most Ridiculous Things People Have Put on Their Resumes
77% of HR managers say they've found a lie, a mistake, or something totally ridiculous on someone's resume, according to a new survey. But some are more ridiculous than others.
Here are some of the craziest things HR managers have seen on people's resumes:
- The person's last name was Flin, but autocorrect changed it to "Flintstone," and he didn't catch it before he sent it in.
- A person misspelled "attention" in the phrase "great attention to detail."
- A person said they worked at a federal prison, a background check showed it was while they were locked up there.
- Someone listed "taking long walks" as a skill.
- A guy wrote that he'd work harder if he got paid more.
- Someone printed their resume on paper with pictures of cats in the corners.
- Someone listed "smoking" as one of their hobbies.
Read more at PR Newswire.