The Five Secret Purchases We All Make
A recent survey found 23% of married women and 20% of married men secretly buy things without telling their spouse. Women are slightly more likely to do it, but men spend way more.
The average married woman spends just over $1,000 a year on secret purchases, compared to $3,300 a year for guys. That's more than three times as much.
Here are the top five things we secretly spend money on . . .
- Clothes. Especially for women, they're twice as likely as men to buy clothes without fessing up.
- Gambling, including lottery tickets. It's one of the top things men secretly spend money on.
- Food. Especially things you feel guilty about eating.
- Adult entertainment. It's another one guys spend money on. Not surprisingly, there just aren't as many women out there paying for strippers and online porn.
- Cigarettes. It's not clear if men or women do it more.
The survey also found 44% of people use cash when they make a secret purchase, so there won't be a record of it on their bank statement.
Read more at Finder.