“The Eyes of Freedom” Traveling Memorial – Remembering Lima Company
The Lima Company Memorial, The Eyes of Freedom was created by an Ohio artist depict the 23 fallen Marines from Lima 3/25. Your chance to see it in Davenport is now until Monday.
"The Eyes of Freedom" is a heartfelt tribute that tells the story of 23 Marines and Navy Corpsmen that Lima Company 3rd Battalion 25th Marines lost in battle in Iraq's Anbar Province during Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2005.
Please join the ILLOWA John C. Hernstrom Detachment #102 of the Marine Corps League and welcome the traveling memorial at the Golden Leaf Banquet and Convention Hall - 2902 East Kimberly Road in Davenport, Iowa.
Thursday, May 14 - Opening Ceremony - 6:30pm to 9pm
Friday, May 15 - 12pm to 8pm
Saturday, May 16 - Open at noon, 2:30pm Bags Tourney, 5pm to 7pm SOS Dinner and Silent Auction, close at 9pm
Sunday, May 17 - 12pm to 6pm
Monday, May 18 - 12pm to Closing Ceremony at 5:45pm
Thanks to Mike and Kai for stopping in and talking with us about the Memorial.
Thank you for your service.
- Private First Class Christopher R. Dixon
- Lance Corporal Christopher P. Lyons
- Staff Sergeant Anthony L. Goodwin
- Petty Officer 3rd Class Travis Youngblood (Navy Corpsman)
- Sergeant Justin F. Hoffman
- Staff Sergeant Kendall H. Ivy II
- Lance Corporal Nicholas William B. Bloem
- Corporal Andre L. Williams
- Lance Corporal Grant B. Fraser
- Lance Corporal Aaron H. Reed
- Lance Corporal Edward A. Schroeder II
- Sergeant David Kenneth J. Kreuter
- Lance Corporal Jourdan L. Grez
- Lance Corporal William B. Wightman
- Lance Corporal Timothy M. Bell, Jr.
- Lance Corporal Eric J. Bernholtz
- Corporal Dustin A. Derga
- Lance Corporal Nicholas B. Erdy
- Lance Corporal Wesley G. Davids
- Sergeant David N. Wimberg
- Lance Corporal Michael J. Cifuentes
- Lance Corporal Christopher J. Dyer
- Lance Corporal Jonathan W. Grant
- Cpl. David Stephen “Bear” Stewart
- LCpl. Kevin Waruinge
- Sgt. Bradley Harper
For all the information regarding the Memorial, check out LimaCompanyMemorial.org.