The Biggest Mistakes You Can Make with Your Business Card
When you hand a potential client your business card, you want them to remember you in a good way. A new survey asked people what they like and hate to see on business cards.
In general, you should have a card that is unique and memorable without going overboard. Here are the biggest mistakes people make when designing their business cards:
- Using a goofy font. Sure it makes your card look different, but it also tends to look unprofessional.
- Choosing a non-standard size or shape. Smaller than standard cards are too easy to lose and bigger cards won't fit in wallets.
- Missing key contact details. You should at least include your phone number and email, and a website if you have one.
- Using cheap, flimsy card stock, or printing them at home. It tends to look a little amateurish. If you can afford to do it, order them online or in a store.
- Using too many colors. A little flair is okay, but keep it simple. Don't fill the whole card up with text either.