The Best Time of Day to Do Eight Random Things
Here's the best time of day to do eight random things, according to experts...
- The best time for sex is between 7:00 and 8:00 in the morning. That's when a guy's testosterone peaks, and a study at Rutgers University found the amount of foreplay almost doubles if it's first thing in the morning.
Be careful though, because it's also when you're most likely to get pregnant.
- The best time to tackle your hardest task of the day is between 8:00 and 9:00 A.M. It's when your body produces the most cortisol, which is the hormone that helps you deal with stress.
- The best time to go grocery shopping is between 10:00 and 11:00 A.M. You're still full from breakfast, so won't buy as much junk food. You can also go after lunch or dinner, but the store is usually busier then.
- The best time to ask for a raise is between 11:00 and noon. You're not groggy anymore, but you're not tired yet. So it's when you and your boss both have the most energy. The worst time to ask for a raise is at the end of the day.
- The best time for lunch is between 1:00 and 2:00. That's when your digestive system starts running at full speed. And if you wait any later than that, your blood sugar starts dropping, so you're more likely to overeat.
- The best time to exercise is between 5:00 and 6:00 P.M. Some people say the morning is better. But you're stronger, more flexible, and have more stamina in the early evening.
- The best time to drink without getting drunk is between 6:00 and 8:00. Your body processes alcohol more slowly at night than it does during the day. So it takes longer for it to get into your bloodstream.
Alcohol also affects your circadian rhythm, and makes you feel like taking a nap if you drink too early in the afternoon.
- Between 10:00 and 11:00 P.M. is the best time to go to bed. It's when your cortisol levels are lowest, and your body starts producing melatonin to make you tired. Then your melatonin levels peak around midnight.