The Best Opening Throw in Rock-Paper-Scissors is…
This is good to know the next time you're trying to decide who has to take the trash out, or go pick up dinner.
Researchers recently talked to nearly 4,000 people about the game Rock-Paper-Scissors. They specifically asked what they like to throw first.
57% said they're either not sure, or it changes every time. But the other 43% said they do have certain tendencies. 21% said they usually throw rock first, 13% said scissors, and just 9% said paper.
That means paper is your best bet, because paper beats rock. Scissors is the worst thing to throw, because rock beats scissors.
The survey didn't ask about second and third throws. So if you're doing best two out of three, you're on your own. But throwing paper right out of the gate gives you the best odds of winning.