The Best Jobs For People Who Don’t Want to Work That Much
The goal of any job is to make as much money with as little time commitment as possible. Right? But since we can't all be highly paid escorts or NBA benchwarmers, what's a realistic option?
Business Insider analyzed Census data to figure out the best jobs for people who don't want to work that much. These are all jobs where people work less than 40 hours a week, but make more than the average national salary of $32,000.
- Dental hygienist: 31.5 hours a week, median salary of $43,000.
- Occupational therapy assistant: 34.7 hours, $40,000.
- Flight attendant: 34.8 hours, $39,000.
- Librarian: 35.2 hours, $40,000.
- Writer: 35.9 hours, $40,000. (We hear morning radio show prep is lucrative.)
- Occupational therapist: 36 hours, $60,000.
- Speech language pathologist: 36.2 hours, $54,000.
- Recreational therapist: 36.3 hours, $36,000.
- Dietician: 36.6 hours, $39,800.
- Psychologist: 36.8 hours, $56,000.