The 10 Most Common Phobias in America
Is an irrational fear less irrational if a ton of people have it? If you don't have a problem with spiders crawling all over you, maybe you're the irrational one.
A new survey had Americans rank their biggest phobias. Here are the 10 most common ones:
- Acrophobia – a fear of heights.
- Arachnophobia – fear of spiders.
- Claustrophobia – fear of tight spaces.
- Ophidiophobia – fear of snakes.
- Thalassophobia – fear of deep water.
- Necrophobia – fear of death.
- Glossophobia – fear of public speaking.
- Coulrophobia – fear of clowns.
- Trypanophobia – fear of needles.
- Entomophobia – fear of insects.