Ten Annoying Habits That Will Make Your Coworkers Hate You
Here's a list of the top ten things you shouldn't do at work, because they might annoy your co-workers. If you hate your coworkers, you can do these more I guess.
- Bragging. It's okay to share good news, just don't brag about it. That applies even if it's not related to work, like your kid getting into a prestigious school, etc.
- Showing up to work late. It's annoying if you do it a lot, the same goes for constantly showing up late for meetings.
- Being a slob. Meaning your desk is gross, you have poor hygiene, or you leave the office kitchen a mess.
- Doing too much personal stuff during work hours. For example: making phone calls, shopping online, or browsing Facebook fall day.
- Complaining too much. Even if it's about your boss and everyone hates him.
- Calling off work when you're not really sick. Obviously no one has to know unless you tell them. But there's a good chance one of your coworkers will check social media to see if you posted anything.
- Nervous habits. Especially if they are noise distractions, like snapping your gum or playing with your keys.
- Interrupting people. It's annoying anywhere, but especially at work. Even if you're the boss, you shouldn't do it.
- Trying to sell them stuff. Don't recruit them for every pyramid scheme you get wrapped up in. Even selling Girl Scout cookies might annoy people, especially if they have a daughter and decided to not sell them at work.
- Swearing. If you did it at a bar after work, they might not even notice. But dropping F-bombs in an office setting is pretty jarring and unprofessional.
Read more at Business Insider.