Five Telltale Signs That Your Boss Really Sucks
Sure, it's easy to complain about your boss and a lot of bosses really do suck. These signs will let you know if your complaints are justified or not.
- They send mixed signals. They'll act like your best friend one minute, then yell at you for something really minor the next.
- They don't give you any good feedback. They only tell you when you did something wrong. Never getting compliments from them kills your motivation.
- They never meet with you one-on-one, except for your annual review. They should be having regular meetings with you, and not just to give you a lecture. They should ask questions and actually want your input because they know it's valuable.
- They play favorites. Like letting certain people get away with things, but if other people do it, they get in trouble.
- They make it crystal clear that you work for them. A good boss makes you feel like you're all working together. They don't just bark orders, or feel the need to remind you that they're the boss.
Sound like your boss? Read more at Business Insider.