Summer Habits You Should Continue to Do All Year
Well summer is basically over and there are some habits you should keep up into the fall season, and ideally all year long.
- Use sunscreen. The sun's rays are strongest during the summer months, but your skin is still exposed no matter what season it is.
- Wear sunglasses. Just like you protect your skin during the summer, you need to protect your eyes too. Not wearing sunglasses can put you at risk for cataracts, macular degeneration, and even eyelid cancer.
- Stock up on in-season produce. Eating seasonal fruits and veggies means your produce will taste its best, so you might be less likely to be tempted by processed junk. And even though summer is ending, you've got pumpkins, apples and pears to look forward to in the fall.
- Move more during the day. Sunny summer days make it easy to break away from your desk and go outside more, but it's a good habit to have any time of year.
- Stay hydrated. We tend to be more aware of our hydration when temperatures are high, but staying hydrated year-round is important to keeping your body running at its best.
Read more at Huffington Post.