Stuff you didn’t know about Starbucks. (Alternate headline: Information you need to complete your life)
As a non-coffee drinker, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in a Starbucks. But even still, I find these things fascinating about their popularity and success:
1. Starbucks has grown by an average of two stores per day, every day . . . for the past 27 YEARS.
2. Santa Fe Springs, in Southern California, has the highest concentration of Starbucks stores in the U.S. There are 560 within a 25-mile radius.
3. A Starbucks Grande coffee has 330 milligrams of caffeine . . . or over four times more than Red Bull.
4. Starbucks had a $1.25 billion profit last year, which is the equivalent of two Grande coffees purchased by every single American.
5. For some iced drinks, Starbucks offers a 31-ounce size called the TRENTA. It's larger than the capacity of the human stomach.
6. 20% of Starbucks customers go there at least 16 times a month.