Save Some Cash With These Unethical Life Hacks
Who knows if they'd work or not. A few of these are actually probably illegal, so I'm not suggesting you try any of them. Regardless, they're pretty fun to read through.
I don't recommend that you try any of these hacks from Quora:
- You can get free breakfast whenever you want by stealing it from hotels. Most of them have a free continental breakfast, and at most places you don't have to prove you're staying there to get it. You can just walk in and start eating.
- Get a free phone charger by telling a bartender you think you left yours there. It works because people really do leave their chargers at bars a lot. They'll probably pull a bunch of them out, and you can just pick one that fits your phone.
- For cheaper parking at parking garages. Just get a ticket like normal when you enter. Right before you leave, walk back to the entrance and get another one, and use that one to exit. That way you pay for less time, or it might be free.
- If something breaks, just buy another one, switch it out with the old one and return it with the new receipt. Apparently it works best at big chain stores.
- Save on fruit and vegetables at the grocery store by using the self-checkout. Just weigh everything as "apples," and it'll be cheaper.
- Get free Chipotle by using a credit card that doesn't work. Their business model is based on keeping the line moving. According to a former manager, if your card doesn't work and you make a big stink about it, they'll usually give it to you for free.
- Try to pay for fast food with a fake coupon. Then act super sorry when they tell you it's no good, and start fishing through your wallet for money. If you don't have cash and you're nice about it, they'll probably give it to you for free.
- Don't cancel a trip last-minute and lose your deposit, just reschedule it for a date that falls outside their "no refund" deadline. Then log back into their website the next day and cancel for a full refund.
- Get through airport security faster by traveling with a cane. If you walk with a limp and pretend to have trouble with your bags, someone will move you to the priority screening area and you'll skip the line.
Read more at Quora.