Rookie Cop Saves Toddler From Choking On First Day Of Job
Cops do stuff like this all the time and no one hears about it. But this story has a pretty cool twist.
Melanie Hasse was at a Chick-fil-A with her 15-month-old daughter Charlotte last Friday in Hobart, Indiana. While they were eating their meal, Melanie realized Charlotte had stopped breathing. It turned out she was choking on a piece of apple.
The mother panicked and didn't know what to do. Luckily a group of police officers had just walked in.
Two of them immediately flipped Charlotte over and started smacking her on the back. And it worked. She spit the apple out, and started breathing again.
One of those cops was a rookie named Richard Mayer, and it happened to be his first day on the job. He started working as a cop, and immediately saved someone's life.
Obviously Melanie is extremely grateful, and thinks it's a sign he was meant to be a cop.
Read more at Fox News.