Puppy Swallows 8-Inch Knife Whole, Survives
Macie the three-month-old puppy is very lucky to be alive after she swallowed an eight-inch chef's knife. The Staffordshire bull terrier's owner didn't realize what was wrong when the pup started vomiting and choking.
"I was terrified," said Irene Paisley who rushed Macie to the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals after blood started coming out of her nose. X-rays showed a knife lodged in the terrier's stomach and intestines.
“I’ve never seen an X-ray like Macie’s,” veterinarian Emily Ronald said. “She was extremely lucky to survive. Her saving grace was that she swallowed the handle-end first ― the blade-end would undoubtedly have pierced her organs, likely causing fatal injuries.”
Read more at The People's Dispensary for Sick Animals.