Summer is officially here and with it a poisonous weed that leaves a really nasty rash is spreading across Iowa. Be on the lookout for wild parsnip when you're outdoors.

ThinkStock

Poison parsnip looks similar to a dill plant or Queen Anne's lace and the sap will leave an oily residue on contact. The rash will feel like a burn when it hits.

This invasive species spreads quickly through ditches and prairie areas. Most don't realize that they've been in contact with the weed until the pain starts. Along with the burning sensation, victims can expect blisters and welts.

If you come in contact with the plant, shower immediately and stay out of the sun, sunlight activates the chemicals in the poison.

Read more at KCCI.