Outdated Wedding Traditions That We Can Stop Doing
Weddings have been around for a LONG time and some traditions have stuck for nearly as long. It's time to review some of those that are outdated.
- The Bouquet/Garter Toss. Too many times a simple toss turns into a full-scale brawl.
- Smashing Cake Into Each Other's Faces. Waste of cake, plain and simple.
- Throwing Rice. Ever get hit in the eyes with grains of rice? Ouch.
- Bride's Side and Groom's Side. Why keep the two families separated when they're supposed to be brought together.
- The Dollar Dance. The guests have already spent a chunk of cash just to attend.
- Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue. These four good luck charms can cause a bigger hassle than they're worth.
- Diamond Rings. Diamonds are wildly overpriced and not as rare as you think they are.
- Wearing a White Dress. Just think how stressed you'd be trying not to stain a white dress.
- Having a Receiving Line. Guests are being kept from the food and that's not right.
- Giving out Wedding Favors. The wedded couple already shelled out a lot of money, getting gifts for everyone is just overkill.
Read more at Distractify.