Ooey Gooey Stats About Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
What kind of grilled cheese sandwich eater are you? Are you a traditionalist with just bread, cheese, and butter or do you get fancy with it?
A new survey got pretty in depth and got some stats about how we eat grilled cheese. Because grilled cheese is important.
- 55% of people prefer to use just one type of cheese. The most popular is American cheese with cheddar coming in second.
- 27% of us like to stick with the classic, cheese-and-bread combo. 73% put at least one other ingredient in there. For whatever reason, blondes are slightly more likely to do it than brunettes.
- The four most popular add-ons are tomatoes, bacon, ham, and eggs. Which would technically make it a melt.
- The four weirdest things we'd be willing to try on a grilled cheese are sauerkraut, tuna, peanut butter, and chutney.
- 64% of people said they'd be willing to take a bite of a "mystery" grilled cheese, where they had no idea what was on it. As long as there's bread and cheese, about two-thirds of us would give it a go.
Read more cheesy stats at PR Newswire.