It’s National Doughnut Day, Here’s Where to Get Freebies
Today is National Doughnut Day, and as far as made up holidays go, this might be the best one of all. If you play it right and don't mind driving around, you can eat about 12,000 calories in donuts without spending a dime.
91% of Americans either love or like donuts, only 1% hate them. The most popular flavors are: glazed, Boston cream, chocolate frosted, jelly, chocolate cake, maple, blueberry, bear claw, powdered sugar, and pink frosted.
Pretty much any place in the country that sells doughnuts are giving out freebies or at least discounts today. Here are just a few that are participating:
- Dunkin' Donuts – Free doughnut with the purchase of any beverage all day.
- Edible Arrangements – Today get a free doughnut and from June 2-6 any size or combo is buy-one-get-one free.
- Hurts Donut Co. – Anyone who orders a dozen doughnuts today will be entered for a chance to win free dozens for a year.
- Krispy Kreme – Customers get one free doughnut today.
- Kwik Trip – Kwik Rewards members get a free doughnut, limit one per account.
- Papa John's – Get a free order of doughnut holes today with any online purchase. Starting June 2, use promo code DONUT for a free order with any purchase of two pizzas.
- Walmart – Get one free glazed doughnut at all Walmart stores today.
Read more at USA Today.