Is Your Marriage Doomed?
A new study of 10,000 married couples found six things that almost ALL successful marriages have in common. Without these, you're DOOMED! (Well…the odds are against you.) Here are the secret ingredients:
1. Mutual respect.
2. Deciding divorce is NOT an option. Successful couples decide at the beginning that there's no plan B . . . this is IT . . . and that leads to more patience.
3. Daily rituals. Whether it's having coffee together every morning or watching the news at night, having something you do together every day is key.
4. Spirituality. Virtually all the couples believed in a higher power.
5. Not worrying about sex. The study found that if you take care of the relationship and communicate, the sex will take care of itself.
6. Putting your marriage before your kids. If you make your marriage the priority . . . and don't just focus 100% on your kids . . . it keeps your marriage strong. Which is important for your kids AND you . . . since THEY'RE going to move out one day, and you'll still be there together.