Iowa’s Favorite Condiment Will Surprise Absolutely Nobody
Do you have a favorite condiment you dump on everything? If you live in the Midwest, I have a feeling your answer is "ranch".
The product-ratings website Influenster.com and Thrillist went through about 50,000 reviews to see which condiments Americans are currently obsessed with to come up with the top condiment in all 50 states. It's not necessarily the most-used condiment in each state. More like the one that's currently trending the most.
They used a pretty loose definition of what a condiment is. Despite that, Hidden Valley Ranch still tied for first with five states. Here are some highlights:
- Hidden Valley Ranch – #1 in Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Oklahoma, and West Virginia.
- Nature's Way Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – #1 in Hawaii, Minnesota, Oregon, Alaska, and Colorado.
- Frank's Red Hot – #1 in Arizona, Maryland, North Carolina, and Texas.
- Nutella – #1 in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Virginia.
- Peanut butter – #1 in Montana, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming.
- Country Crock – #1 in Illinois, Kansas, and Ohio.
- Sriracha – #1 in California, Nebraska, and Washington.
- Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce – #1 in Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana.
- Yellow mustard – #1 in Delaware, Missouri, and Tennessee.
- Mayonnaise – #1 in Nevada and Wisconsin.
- Heinz Ketchup – #1 in its home state of Pennsylvania, but that's it.