In Depth Look At How Much It Would Cost to Run Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory
Have you ever wondered how much it would cost to run Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory in real life? Well, I have and the people at Advanced Tech Services crunched the numbers.
The estimate comes to a huge $224.6 million per year, which seems like a fortune. Until you consider that it costs more than that to run the L.A. Dodgers.
Here's how some of that breaks down:
- The Oompa Loompas' salaries would be roughly $73.4 million per year, based on the average salary of a chocolate worker in the U.S., which is about $50K.
- Oompa Loompa healthcare would cost $8.1 million.
- The chocolate river would cost about $32.7 million or $47.1 million with organic chocolate.
- The glass elevator would be more expensive, in the neighborhood of $109 million.
- Yearly energy costs would be $2 million.
The overall company would be worth around $21.5 billion, which also seems high, but it's almost exactly what the Cadbury chocolate company is worth. Kraft Foods acquired it for $19 billion in 2010, and with inflation the total company valuation is $21.49 billion.
Read more at Advanced Tech Services.