If You Can Finish a 30-Pound Burrito at This Restaurant, They’ll Make You an Owner
There are hundreds of restaurants around the country with extreme eating challenges. Usually you have to finish, like, a five-pound hamburger to get a t-shirt or something. Forget about that. This is a real prize.
A Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn, New York called Don Chingon has a new eating challenge that's probably the hardest in the world, but it definitely has the most lucrative prize.
If you can finish a 30-pound burrito in one hour, they'll make you an owner.
The burrito uses a tortilla with a diameter of about three-and-a-half feet. It's stuffed with chicken, steak, carnitas, chorizo, cheese, rice, beans, and salsa. Oh, and you also have to drink a margarita that's made with a ghost pepper.
You can't take a bathroom break or throw up, and it costs $150 just to try. But if you succeed, you become a 10% owner of the restaurant, which could be worth some serious cash over time.
The team at Don Chingon says they felt like ownership was the only fair prize. "If you're going to gain 25 to 30 pounds in a single sitting, you deserve real compensation. Some restaurants put your name on the wall, we'll give you the wall."
- Here are the rules:
- Pay $150 to enter
- Eat 30lb burrito made up of Steak, Chicken, Pork, Rice, Beans, Salsa
- Drink 1 Margarita made with Ghost Pepper
- Take 1 hour or less to finish (Touching the burrito will start the clock)
- Any bathroom breaks or discharge of bodily fluids of any kind will result in forfeit
- The winner will be entitled to become an owner of the restaurant - 10% ownerships
- Don Chingon will not accept any responsibility for death, illness
- Ownership of Don Chingon or any prizes won during the competition are non transferable upon death.