How Much $10 Was Worth The Year You Were Born
The best part about looking at inflation rates is imagining just how rich you would be back in the day with the money you have now.
As the dollar slowly loses value over the years, it buys less and less. $10 back in 1965 had way more buying power than it does in 2018, about eight times more.
Business Insider took a look at inflation rates and compiled a list of how much $10 was worth every year from 1965 to 2018. Here's a quick look at how much the value changed from decade to decade:
- Value of $10 in 2010: $11.64
- Value of $10 in 2000: $14.94
- Value of $10 in 1990: $19.79
- Value of $10 in 1980: $32.41
- Value of $10 in 1970: $66.71
- Value of $10 in 1965: $80.82