Hero Dog Saves Family of Six From House Fire
The home of a family of six in Midlothian, Virginia caught fire shortly after midnight Monday. Thanks to their dog, Zeus, they were able to escape safely.
Jim Ludwig and his wife were up late watch football when Zeus alerted them. “Our three year old German Shepherd started growling and barking out the back window. My wife looked outside and she said she could hear something was going on in the yard and there was a lot of light outside.”
“When I stepped out on the back porch I could see the chimney was completely on fire fire was extending up the side of the house and up the roof line,” said Ludwig.
The family quickly evacuated before the fire spread any farther.
Read more at WTVR.