Here’s How Long Until Your Thanksgiving Leftovers Go Bad
If you're still eating leftover turkey sandwiches, you're playing with fire. Turkey only stays good in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. After that, you run the risk of getting sick from a build-up of bacteria. Either eat it now, or freeze it.
Here are some Thanksgiving foods, and how long you can keep them in the fridge before they might make you sick:
- Turkey, 3 to 4 days. If it's cut up and stored in a shallow container, it might last a little longer, but it's risky.
- Homemade gravy. Only a day or two, so it's definitely time to throw it out.
- Stuffing, 3 to 4 days.
- Mashed potatoes, 3 to 5 days. The same goes for green bean casserole.
- Pumpkin pie, 3 to 4 days. Apple pie lasts a little longer. You can leave it out for 2 days, then put it in the fridge for another two days.
- Cranberry sauce. The sugar acts as a preservative, so you can leave it in the fridge up to two weeks and still eat it.
Read more at StillTasty.