Technically you're not supposed to use your cell phone while you're pumping gas, it could spark and start a fire. Gas stations are that flammable. So, um, definitely don't try this.

A guy was filling up his car at a gas station in Center Line, Michigan when he saw a spider. He decided to try to kill it by using his lighter. He tried to set the spider on fire, but accidentally set the pump on fire instead, and it went up in flames.

He grabbed a fire extinguisher, and managed to put the fire out before it spread. The pump was totally destroyed. Other than that, there wasn't any real damage and there were no injuries.

The guy was embarrassed and apologized, and the station isn't pressing charges. They say their insurance is going to cover the damage. It's not clear if the spider survived.