Florida Woman Finds Dead Frog in Drink at Waffle House
Claire Sheats in Tallahassee, Florida was hopping mad after she found a dead frog in her husband's water at a Waffle House. "In my husband's drink, there's a whole frog just floating around in the water."
They dumped the drink out on the table to make sure their eyes weren't fooling them. "Sure enough, there's the frog," she said.
The couple left the Waffle House and filed a complaint with the corporate office and state health department. The employees were just as confused as they were.
A state report found the restaurant had 11 violations including food residue buildup in coolers, grease buildup in the cooking area, dust building up, and food stored at an improper temperature. No mention of frogs however.
A Waffle House spokesperson released the following statement:
"We are concerned about this claim and are currently investigating the circumstances. Our corporate team is working with the local operators to determine the facts. Based on what our District Manager saw at the time and after reviewing the video, there are still some issues we are looking into. Serving quality food and delivering a quality experience are responsibilities we take seriously, and we will continue to review this matter.says the company is looking into the matter."
Read more at WCTV.