Family’s Exploding Hoverboard Set Their House on Fire
You've probably seen those "hoverboard" scooters. They're like Segways, but just for your feet. They don't really hover, even though people call them hoverboards.
They're dangerous in ways we didn't even realize.
Jessica Horne in Lafitte, Louisiana bought one for her 12-year-old son last week on Amazon. He used it for one day, then they plugged it in to charge its battery and it exploded. She says, "It was like fireworks. The middle part of the board, just 'poof.'" Then the flames spread, and set the entire house on fire.
Fortunately the family all got out okay. The Louisiana State Fire Marshal's Office says it's investigating.
Check out this compilation of people eating it and wiping out on hoverboards:
WARNING: NSFW Language