Dealing With Fortnite Addiction? Here’s the Treatment
There's a pandemic affecting our world and your home may be infected! It's a game called "Fortnite" and there's a way you can limit how long your kids can play it.
I'm tired of hearing my son tell me "this match is almost finished" or "I'm in the middle of a battle" every time he's called for dinner. So I looked up how to set a limit on the amount of screen time he gets, hopefully you can use these steps too.
Below are the steps you can take on Xbox One and Playstation 4 to set up parental controls. I found a couple videos for you to reference as well.
Here's how to set up Parental Controls and time limits on Xbox One:
- Log into your Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com/family.
- Click "Add a family member."
- Put in your child's email address that they use for their Xbox Live account and enter their password.
- Select "Yes" to join the family as a child.
- Under the "Your family" section, select "Screen time" next to your child's name.
- Toggle on Xbox Screen Time.
- Set the maximum screen time per day to what you want it to be.
Here's how to set up Parental Controls and time limits on Playstation 4:
- On the home screen, scroll to the right and select "Settings."
- Click "Parental Controls."
- Click "Restrict Use of PS4 Features."
- Navigate to "Play Time Controls."
- Switch "Do Not Restrict" to "Restrict."
- You can either set the console to notify your kid when time is up, or have the PS4 log them out.
- From there, set the daily play limits that you want.