This is one way to collect evidence. Police officers in Buffalo, New York were on patrol Thursday, when they saw 23-year-old Bryan Ramos sitting outside a vacant house.

ThinkStock

When they walked over to see what he was doing there, he quickly put a pack of cigarettes up to his mouth, and swallowed something. Not suspicious at all. Unfortunately for Bryan, he started choking on whatever he'd scarfed down.

Luckily the cops were there to help, and the officers gave him the Heimlich. They actually saved his life by getting him to cough it up. Then they figured out why he'd swallowed it, it was a bag of cocaine.

Ramos was arrested for criminal possession of a controlled substance, tampering with evidence, and criminal trespassing.

Read more at The Buffalo News.