Ace Frehley’s House Catches Fire
Lohud.com is reporting that the stone house was "heavily damaged," and that "[f]lames burned through the roof." The Yorktown Heights Volunteer Fire Department has posted four pictures of the fire to its Facebook page, including the one used above.
It is believed that a caretaker, not Frehley, lives in the house. The Red Cross has been enlisted to assist with finding a place for the resident to stay. “We are making arrangements to make sure he has emergency lodging,” Carolyn Sherwin, a spokeswoman for the Red Cross, told lohud.com.
Back in February, U.S. Bank National Association looked to foreclose on the house due to nearly two years of unpaid mortgages. A lien had also been placed on the property due to Frehley owing back taxes, which were paid off in May. The foreclosure issue does not appear to have been settled yet.
The 2,441-square foot, three-bedroom house, which sits on a three-acre plot, is listed as the business address for Max Cake Productions, a movie and video company owned by Frehley. His Jendell Productions, which is named after the home planet of Frehley’s “Spaceman” character, purchased the house in 2000, and transferred the title to Frehley in 2004.
Updated 12/15: Frehley has issued a statement on the fire via his Facebook page:
"The official statement from the fire inspector was as follows: An electrical fire was caused by a tree falling on the wires in the backyard and shorting out the fuse box which in turn heated up the internal wiring in the walls and started the fire.
I'm very thankful that no one was hurt! The fire department and police did a great job, and I'm very grateful to them for all of their help and courage in this matter...job well done!"
In an odd bit of coincidence, it was 37 years ago this week that Frehley was nearly electrocuted on stage while performing at a Kiss show in Florida.