11 Chores and How Much Kids Should Get Paid for Them
A new survey found 68% of parents think kids should get an allowance for doing chores. 40% said it should start between 8 and 10 years old and about 30% said it should start as early as 5.
Here are some chores, and how much the average person thinks they're worth:
- Mowing the lawn: $6.28 each time they do it.
- Cleaning the garage: $5.20.
- Doing laundry: $2.82.
- Cleaning a common area like the living room: $2.72.
- Being responsible for a pet. Meaning feeding or walking them: $2.66.
- Sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming: $2.55.
- Dusting or wiping down countertops: $2.20.
- Cleaning their bedroom: $2.07. Plus an extra $1.18 if they make their bed.
- Doing the dishes: $2.03.
- Taking out the trash: $1.90.
- Setting the table: $1.31.
Read more at PR Newswire.